Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Other Platforms

I haven't talked with the manager about license purchasement.
    some more questions:
    #1. Does the linux beta support 3 way merge?
    #2. How about the perforce integration for merge?
    #3. If we buy 2 or 3 copies for the time being and later we buy more license if we are happy with BC, do we still get the same rebate as we buy all the license at the same time?
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    Team Scooter

• Chris
    replied

We're in private beta for the Linux version right now. Right now the private beta is limited to registered users of Beyond Compare 2. If you're registered and you would like to join the beta, send an email to [email protected].

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The post is actually more than a year ago.
    Do you have Linux Beta on the way?

#6574 - 08/14/06 01:32 PM Edit Reply We have been making decent progress on a Linux version of BC3, with a general strategy of releasing it at the same time as the Windows version. With any luck, we will be starting early beta tests on the Linux version in a month or so.

We also get a lot of requests for a native Mac version of Beyond Compare. While we'd love to offer it, an OS/X port would be difficult based on our current development environment and limited resources. After we get version 3 released and settled down, we'll take another look at the feasibility of a Mac version.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I am happy to see the progress you made in Linux version.
    I will definitely ask the company to buy this software.
    We are using perforce under linux. I will check how good it handles the 3-way comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    Team Scooter

• Aaron
    replied

We have gotten requests for a Mac OSX version before. It is something we are interested in, but will need to re-visit/investigate at a later date after work on version 3.

Thanks for expressing interest in seeing our product on another OS. If you would like to try, a few of our users have had good things to say about running BC on Intel Macs using CrossOver Mac.
    http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Also, here's a forum thread where our users discussed using CrossOver Mac to run BC:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbthread...page=0&vc=1

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Awesome utility. I am also switching to Mac from MS and BC2 is one of my critical apps - it's just beats everything. Would LOVE to pay for and instruct all of my release managers and QA developers to purchase a copy as well new copies of native OSX version. Please, please, please!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Please consider MAC OS X version. Beyond Compare is the best out there and we mac developers can definitely use BC.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    Team Scooter

• Chris
    replied

Stuart,

Thanks for the offer of help. At this point we just can't take on another platform, but if we do in the future we'll post an announcement in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• scarnie
    New User

• scarnie
    replied

Would you be interested in help with an OS/X port? I do have the environment, would like to learn OS/X dev and would be willing to devote some free time to do it I'm sure coming from linux to OS/X wouldn't be that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    Team Scooter

• Chris
    replied

Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are keeping a Mac port in consideration.

The big issue with porting to the Mac is that Beyond Compare is written in Delphi. Delphi isn't available for OS X, so it would be quite a project. We'll revisit the possibility of a port once version 3 for Windows is released.

Leave a comment:

• ncr100
    Enthusiast

• ncr100
    replied

Same goes for me, BC3 on Mac woo hoo!

Beyond Compare is rad. I tried running it in emulation on various platforms (Mac/Linux). The BC code can't be that stanky to be able to be ported. Porting is fun. I do it all the time. Port port port.

Seriously, BC is a sexy application and the Mac dev environment is kinda sorta sexy. I am guessing Scooter Software could get revenue from the Mac community; shareware is very popular. I don't know the porting cost though; u might have to sell 500,000,000 copies to recoup...but plz consider it?

MOST Customers are telling you there's no comparable solution out there, inviting you.

Whine Whine,
    Nick Richards

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Another vote for a native OS X version of BC. I purchased CrossOver Mac just to run BC on the Mac, and have also tried using using BC on a Windows machine to access a Mac with SMB file sharing. The big problem in both cases is with filenames that BC cannot handle (names that are not legal under Windows, usually due to special characters). While it will happily list such files, it will not do a binary comparison of them. It will claim to do a CRC comparison of them, but cannot open them (so I suspect the checksum comparison is actually failing, but the error is not getting trapped).

Leave a comment:

• peterl
    replied

I'd also gladly pay for an OS X version...I looked at the beta of Araxis merge for OS X, and it's good, but I like BC better.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Another dime for a native mac version. There are a lot of competitors for windows - for shure, BC is the best. But there is not a single product for the mac roughly as useful as BC.
    http://osx.iusethis.com/tag/diff

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Yes I would love to see a Mac version too, as I'm in the process of switching.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X