Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing zip files with filter

Hi,

question: Is ther a possibillity to compare the files within a zip-file and use the filter setting to compare the whole of the zip?

What I mean is this:

\a\test.zip has 3 files in it: a, b, and c
    \b\test.zip has the same 3 files in it.

Beyond Compare will tell me that is't the same file.

when I press the "=" button is will show the file.

However when I have 2 zip-file wich have the same name the same files and different fils in them

\a\testa.zip - a, b, c
    \b\testa.zip - b, c, d

it will still show the files when i press "="

Is there a possibillity to only see zip-files wich are "exactly" the same?

I have a few thousand files to compare and there are a lot of "blue" and "red" zips even though i push "="

The function to see the zip as a folder doesn't seem to help.

Can anyone help me?

Thanx,

T.

Re: Comparing zip files with filter

In fact the "=" button means "only show matched contents".
    According to your second compare, the \a\testa.zip and \b\testa.zip should have the different colors in folder viewer, isn't it?

This works well on my end. when I press the "=" button the two files are hidden.

Suggest you delete all the BC's settings and reinstall the software downloaded from the scottsoftware.(be sure to bakeup any important settings)

Comment

Hi,

Thanx, but that's not what I mean.

My problem is this - ig I have 2 zip-files which are not exactly the same but contain some files wich are the same - Beyond compare will tell me that those files have things in common.

Is there a possibibllity to compare the files within a zip and only see the zip-s wich are a 100% the same?

Comment

To get the = sign to only show zips that are an exact match, you need to uncheck "Always treat archive files as folders" in the Advanced tab of Session|Comparison Control.

When this is unchecked, BC treats .zip files as a single file until you double click it to expand it. With this set, non expanded zip files that don't match should be hidden when you hit the equals button.

If you do have "Always treat archive files as folders" turned on, it will not hide matching zip files.

If you really want to force bc to not expand .zip files, you can remove .zip from the archive associations and then bc will treat them as normal files.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X