Selecting Rules in directory view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting Rules in directory view

Is there an equivalent to "Tools->Pick Rules" available in the directory view?

I have two rules that match the same file extension. Depending on circumstance, I'd like to be able apply one rule or the other over an entire tree of files.

I know I can go into the Options page and reorder the rules there, but is that the only way?

Michael

Re: Selecting Rules in directory view

Reordering the rules in Tools|Options is the only way to change the rules to use for a rules-based comparison in the Folder Viewer.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Overriding rules associations by session is something we hope to add to a future version.
      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Overriding rules associations by session is something we hope to add to a future version.
        This would be a very cool feature.

Is it possible to load a session without overriding the current directories? I usually start BC from my file manager, not from the "open" screen.

So could I load a "compare-by-ruleX" session which just changed the effective rules, but left all other aspects of the session alone?

Michael

Comment

It isn't possible to load a session without overriding the current directories.

If you're always using the same comparison criteria, you might want to change the default criteria in BC. In Folder Manager, select Session|Set Default and click "Set current settings as defaults".

I will add a Folder Viewer menu/toolbar item for forcing a rule to the wish list.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I will add a Folder Viewer menu/toolbar item for forcing a rule to the wish list.
            Cool - thanks!

BTW, on a related note, would you consider adding alt-key accelerators to the options in the Comparison Control dialog? Currently it takes between 7 to 10 presses of the tab key to change from binary to rules-based.

Michael

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
              I will add it to the wish list.
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X