No announcement yet.

File copy error - Beyond Compare stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File copy error - Beyond Compare stops?

Hi there,

I ran a synchronization overnight but when Beyond Compare founds an error, it just stops. Is there a way for it to continue the sync with subsequent files?

Thank you.

Re: File copy error - Beyond Compare stops?

There probably isn't a way to get the script to continue. BC will continue after many errors coming from the file system, such as a file locked by another process, but if the error is an error in the script then it will stop. Other than using option confirm:yes-to-all there isn't another way to get past the error in the script.

If you're doing multiple syncs or copies in a single script, placing each sync or copy in a separate script and setting up a batch file to call each of the scripts will allow the rest of the actions to be completed after an error.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I do not think it is feasible separating each sync in a separate script as the number of files I need to copy is huge, and there are many subfolders which contains many files in them. I know of another commercial software which can continue the sync if it founds an error with a file, but I would prefer to use Beyond Compare as its reporting function is better. Any chances of creating this function in BC?

Comment

There may be a way to work around your error. What is the error message that you see in the script's log file?

Also, please make sure you're running the latest version of BC (2.3.1).
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Chris,

The error message is "Error copying os004035.iso: The request was aborted". I am running BC 2.3.1.

Thanks again.

Comment

Request aborted is a generic windows error message coming from the OS, I'm not sure why it is showing up. Do you have problems copying those same files using Windows Explorer?
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X