Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Differences Report Out of Synch

Hi,
    Im new to Beyond Compare and am having a few difficulties. I am comparing two files in order to see the difference between the two using 'Compare in Viewer'. I have set up a few rules to ignore certain lines (each line starts with a specific number to indicate the data in that line.)
    However, when viewing it, it is out of snych. I have tried using 'Align Manually' option but there are too many lines that are not aligned correctly.
    Anyone any ideas what im doing wrong - is there any way to make it align automatically.

Thanks very much

Re: File Differences Report Out of Synch

Hi pms!

When you have the file-viewer open, go the 'Extras' menu and choose 'Edit current rule'. Then you switch to the third tab named 'Alignment'. Here you can modify the parameters.

If this doesn't help it would be useful to post a short example of your problematic files in this forum.

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Re: File Differences Report Out of Synch

Hi Christoph,
      Thanks very much for the reply. I tried every variation of 'Alignment' but without much success. However, I have added a couple more rules and it now seems to be aligning much better.
      Thanks for your help
      Pete

Comment

Working...
      X