Insert New Text in File View mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert New Text in File View mode

Maybe I'm crazy, but I was thinking that my old 1.x version of BC had a single (quick) function to insert a new line of text from one doc to another, maybe in the context menu?

For instance, I want to insert a line of text from line 5 of doc A to line 5 of doc B, but I don't want to replace whatever is at line 5 in doc B, I just want doc B lines 5 and below to be moved down one line to make room for the new line from doc A.

To accomplish this now I have to copy from A and paste to the correct position in B. Did a single function to do this exist at any time or am I confused. I guess I haven't had to insert a new line of text like this for quite a while.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Re: Insert New Text in File View mode

Yes, there was an Insert Right command in version 1.9 that inserted a line on the other side with a single command. This command didn't make it into version 2, but I think it is on our wish list.

In the current version, you'll have to Edit|Insert Blank Line and then Edit|Copy to Other Side.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

The preferred way of doing things in BC2 is through copy and paste. If you want the same behavior as BC1 you need to use the "Align Manually" command followed by "Copy to Other Side". "Insert Blank Line" won't work because it always inserts a new line in the comparison too; it's never lined up with existing text.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Copy and paste won't kill me, but yeah, the Insert command would be a nice feature.
        Thanks for the quick response, guys.

Comment

Working...
        X