File Viewer vs. Folder Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Viewer vs. Folder Viewer

This is probably a very simple question to answer, but I couldn't find it in the supporting materials. When I launch BC, it goes straight to the Folder View comparison. How can I go into a File comparison from here without having to first type in the folder that contains the file? In other words, is it possible to type in the full file name? If not, how do I get to the File Viewer from here?

Thanks!
    Kevin

Re: File Viewer vs. Folder Viewer

Hi Kevin!

The easiest way to start BC in fileviewer-modus ist to use the explorer context-menu on the files you want to compare. Have you already tried this?

Another way ist to activate the "Open Dialog" at startup of BC. Go to the options of BC and choose the "Start" category. Here you can choose what action is to be performed at start up.

Hope this helps

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

In addition to Christoph's suggestions here's two more:

1) If the folder viewer is already open you can use the "Open" command in the "Session" menu to bring up the open dialog instead of having to start a new copy of BC to get it.

2) You can use the /fv command line switch to tell BC to always open a file viewer window. I have that as a second shortcut on my quicklaunch bar in case I just want to do quick comparisons, especially for two clipboard contents.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Great, thanks for the quick responses! Is there a command line that forces the program to open in folder view? I'm thinking that the easiest way for me to launch the two different types is by using a customized script.

Thanks!

Comment

There isn't a switch to force the Folder Viewer. If you run BC2.exe from the command line with no arguments, it will open using the preference set in the Startup section of BC's Tools|Options dialog.

Your other options are to use the /FV switch to force the File Viewer, or you can pass a saved session name or folder name(s) to open directly in the Folder Viewer.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X