Is there a reconcile feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a reconcile feature?

As I have been using BC2, I have thought that it would be useful to have a reconcile feature that lets me right click a tree or file, hit "Mark as reconciled" and have the icon image change (or change color) to let me know that I have already processed it.

(It might be better to change the icon image so I can still see the context of the difference, ie it's newer or an orphan but reconciled)

As you know, when comparing two source trees, you don't want to always carry over the newer files ... sometimes you want to leave them, or not copy over orphans. Since these files will always show in the folder view as differences, it is a little distracting when trying to process a complex source tree (ie look at the red filename and wonder...did I look at that one?).

I think it would be useful to have a way to temporarily mark a tree or file so that I know I have checked all the files and made sure they were accounted for.

Right now I am excluding paths that I have reconciled, but this could be dangerous if it gets saved as part of the session. I am suggesting only a temporary function that would be cleared on a full refresh, or a session reload.

Obviously it could be defined a little more but you get the idea...

Re: Is there a reconcile feature?

Thanks for the suggestion.

A mark resolved command for files in the Directory Compare and for lines of text in the Text Compare will be in Beyond Compare 3. There isn't a way to do this in version 2.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

A mark resolved command for files in the Directory Compare and for lines of text in the Text Compare will be in Beyond Compare 3. There isn't a way to do this in version 2.
      Nice!

But...any chance of a 'mark resolved' at the tree level, so it can be collapsed?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't look closely enough before. It looks like Beyond Compare 3 will also provide the ability to mark entire folders resolved as well.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Oh man, that is super sweet.

I am chomping at the bit to get BC3.

Comment

Working...
          X