Feature Request: Expand All ignore orphan folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Expand All ignore orphan folders

I'm merging two large directory trees with lots of differences. I want to see orphan files, but don't need to see entire orphan directory trees. It would be quite nice to configure "Expand All Folders" to NOT expand folders containing only orphans.

Thanks!

Re: Feature Request: Expand All ignore orphan fold

Thanks for the suggestion. It isn't possible to filter only orphan directory trees using the current version of Beyond Compare.

This sounds like a useful feature though, so I will add it to our wish list for a future release of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about filtering orphan-only directories from the view; I still want to see them and be able to expand them. I'd just like an option to have the "Expand All Folders" command not expand them.

To summarize this a better way: BC already has a really nice folder-coloring feature that lets me see at a glance what types of differences a closed folder contains without having to expand it. The feature I'm requesting is a "Smart Expand" that recursively expands only the dual-colored folders; all solid-color folders remain closed. This quickly gives me the most compact tree summarizing the differences between two folder hierarchies.

You could add a "Smart Expand" button to the toolbar between "Expand All Folders" and "Collapse all Folders", and even have the Ctrl+left/right arrow shortcuts (which BTW are backwards in the "Keyboard Shortcuts" Help entry) cycle through the Smart Expand state...

Of course all of this functionality would require "Color folders to reflect contents" being checked in the "Folder Viewer" -> "Colors" section of the Options dialog...

Comment

Thanks for clarifying your request. A command to only expand folders with mixed comparison results sounds like a useful feature. We'll consider it for the future.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X