Compare question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare question

Background: I have a situation where i have to post files (ftp) to sides that don't support setting the mod date. I can't use the "touch" feature, because the same local files are used to update multiple remote sites. I am using a rule-based comparison, which works fine. Version 2.2.3 (build 221).

However, when i copy up a file (that didn't match), i can't get it to remark the file as matching. It will initially mark it as matching, then it does a second compare that seems to always be a date check.
    None of the refresh methods seem to work. So far I have only found two ways to get it to recognize that the files now match:
    1. recompare the entire site
    2. compare the files in the viewer. even after the copy, the viewer will intially display the old versions. If i click the refresh in the viewer, it will reload the files and then mark them as matching in the list view

is this a bug?
    is there some other way to get those files to rescan (via rules comparison) without recomparing the entire session?
    (F5 and Ctrl-F5 don't work)

Re: Compare question

You can do a rules based compare of just the files that are mismatching by selecting the files and then using Actions|Compare Contents and selecting Rules-Based.

I'm not sure why it is having this problem. Please email support with a verbose log of the ftp connection and a .zip of your settings using Help|Support and the Export button.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X