Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Suggestions

I suggest:
    - WWW: somewhere on the website to list planned features, and thier status.
    - WWW: Somewhere on the website to submit a feature request.
    - BC: In the product the ability to have everyone on our lan add/update to the "Shared Session File" automagically. (you may need some settings around enabling this, and if passwords are shared (I'd prefer not) etc...)

Re: Feature Suggestions

I suggest:
    - WWW: somewhere on the website to list planned features, and thier status.
    Our policy is to not announce specific features until they're ready. If there is a specific feature you are interested in, please email support and we'll be happy to discuss it with you.

- WWW: Somewhere on the website to submit a feature request.
    We take most of our feature requests via email to support. Would it help to clarify on the web page that we prefer feature requests are sent to support?

- BC: In the product the ability to have everyone on our lan add/update to the "Shared Session File" automagically. (you may need some settings around enabling this, and if passwords are shared (I'd prefer not) etc...)
    There isn't an automatic way to update the shared sessions file.

Inside BC, the shared session file is read only, so the simplest way to update is to use the Tools|Export command to export sessions and overwrite the shared sessions file when you need to update it.

Another way to share sessions would be to have the BC program directory on a shared drive and create a BC2.xml file in that folder to force BC to save settings to disk instead of the registry. This way all users would have read/write access to the same sessions, but this would also share all their preferences and rules, so it could be problematic.

Just using the Tools|Export to overwrite the shared preferences is probably the simplest method.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X