X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

You can set the importance, and ignore, any specific tags either by default or on a session-by-session basis. To set the defaults, go to the Home screen, expand the green Edit session defaults folder. Then select the MP3 compare, go to the Importance tab, and uncheck the Data tag at the bottom of the list.

These settings can be changed on a per session basis, too, by opening the MP3 compare, selecting your files and going to the Session menu -> Session Settings, and then saving that specific session.

Toggle on Ignore Unimportant Differences in the toolbar to ignore blue-text as black.

Does this meet your needs?

Leave a comment:

• wrecklessabandon
    replied
    mp3 file comparison

Is their a way to ignore the tag data/size in BC? I have both Tina's problem and the problem that most of my 80,000 mp3 tracks are recoverable from backup, but after recovery, MediaJukebox, or something will alter the tag (everytime an import to the library is done it wants to update all tracks with whatever new info it's medadata dasebase has (names, pics, etc) and the next time I compare backups to the main database, previously recovered files show up as different.

ps the easiest way to "test" your mp3 files for integrity (if the bad files are rare) is just to play them. Whatever player you use will stop when it hits an error. Turn the vol off and start playing from where you left off every night.

Leave a comment:

• tinaa
    replied
    Great! Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by tinaa View Post
    if the size of the data portion of the mp3 is the same, but there's a binary difference, it will still show up as red (different)?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• tinaa
    replied
    Just to make sure I'm clear: if the size of the data portion of the mp3 is the same, but there's a binary difference, it will still show up as red (different)?

If so, that's great!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by tinaa View Post
    Ideally, I'd like to be able to know if the audio data is binary identical, regardless of any meta data differences. Is this possible?
    Yes, "Data" in the "Audio" group displays the size but represents the binary comparison (by default black for same, red for difference).

Leave a comment:

• tinaa
    started a topic mp3 data comparison?

mp3 data comparison?

Can anyone explain to me how the mp3 file format comparison works, and in particular if there is any attempt to compare the mp3 data other than just by size?

Often there are differences in meta data (ID3 tags, etc) but the audio data is identical. In other cases (eg. after a disk problem) there may be differences in the audio data but the meta data looks the same.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to know if the audio data is binary identical, regardless of any meta data differences. Is this possible?

Thanks.
Working...
X