X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subversion file name extensions

When I run a "svn diff", it often compares two temporary files, e.g.:

MyFile.java.svn-base <--> C:\Temp\tempfile.2.tmp

Is there a good way to configure BeyondCompare to recognize this situation and use the Java file format for the comparison?

(Obviously I don't want to just say that all files ending in .tmp or .svn-base are Java; sometimes they're Java, but they could be anything.)

Short of that, in BC2 it used to be possible to force the comparison to use Java; I can't figure out how to do this in BC3. The only way I've found is to configure my entire session to only use Java comparison? That doesn't seem right; I just want these two files to use Java comparison.

What am I missing here?

If you are calling from the command line, you can use the /vcsleft, /vcsright /vcscenter, and/or /vcsoutput as additional arguements that then also control the extension used. For more detailed documentation, check the Command Line Reference section in the Help file.

You can manually pick a file format, just like you could switch in bc2, but clicking the little arrow next to the File Format button (white page with a gear on it), or by clicking the File Format name in each pane (to change each pane individually).

Are you still running into any difficulty? Let us know if you have any questions. How are you initiating the BC Comparison?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X