Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delimiter based grammer rules

Greetings

I am using the V3.2 beta (build 12469) evaluation package, and I do not seem to get what I expect from the delimiter based grammer rule.

The intention is to ignore lines that begin with a known prefix that do not appear in the other file.

When I set the prefix and the "until end of line" checkbox, two line with the same prefix but different continuation are ignored in the compare, but if the line is missing in the other file the difference is still flagged.
    Could it be flagging the missmatch in line ending?
    How can I include the end of line in the grammer token?

On another tack - is it possible to set the default for the scope of the grammer to be "use in all sessions"?

Many thanks
    ori

Hi Ori,

If a line that is unimportant is across from a line that is missing, it should show as unimportant using the default settings. If you check "Orphan lines are always important" in the Importance tab of "Session > Session Settings" it will show as a difference.

Beyond Compare selects the file format to use based on file extension and order in the "Tools > File Formats" dialog. If you want a file format to be used for all files, move it to the top of the list and assign it the file mask "*.*".

If you continue to have trouble configuring your Beyond Compare settings, please email a pair of example files and a copy of your settings to [email protected] and we'll offer more specific suggestions. To save your settings to a file, select "Help > Support" from the menu and click the Export button.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the response Chris. The "Orphan lines are always important" was indeed checked and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Regarding the default settings, I am specifically referring to the "Text Compare - Session Settings" interface, with the selection box at the bottom left. The default value is "Use for this view only" and I would like to set it to "Also update session defaults".

When comparing sets of text files I am often updating the grammer, and prefer not to go each time through the "Tools > File Formats" dialog.

Is this possible?

Thank you
      ori

Comment

Hello,

If you are in the Session menu of the Text Compare, and go to the Importance tab, clicking the Edit Grammar button there will globally edit the grammar, and not just the Session. The Importance tab checkmarks will control for just that session unless you change the dropdown.

It is not possible to change the dropdown's default selection. Sessions are designed to be setup once, saved, and then reloaded for future use. You can also save specific Folder Compare sessions with specific child session settings. How would these options work for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X