Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore Time stamp in PDF

Hi

I am comparing PDF's and the file has a time stamp I.E 12:27 AM. Is there a way to ignore time stamps? I have added elements to ignore the month and day, but there are too many times to create rules for each one.

Thanks

Hello,

You would need to create a regular expression (Basic grammar type) that matches on any type of timestamp that may occur. Do they only occur at the beginning or end of a line? That would help greatly narrow down how to define the grammar.

A basic grammar, that could match on any time anywhere in the file, would be:
    Code:
    \d+:\d\d [aA|pP][mM]
    We have a KB article and tutorial video, here:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.
    Last edited by Aaron; 10-May-2013, 05:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi
      The basic grammar above worked. Thank you very much.
      The time stamp comes at the end. IE: Report generated 10-May-2013 12:27 AM. Is there a basic grammar to ignore when at the end of the line? It might come in handy in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Do you mean at the "end of the file"? There is not a grammar type to match on the last line of the file; it would need to be a RegEx that finds that specific type of string, ie:
        Code:
        ^\s*Report generated \d+-.+-\d+ \d+:\d\d [Aa|Pp][Mm]\s*$
        If it is the end of the line, that would require building in the $ character as part of the RegEx (which matches on end of line). The above example only finds that phrase if it is on its own line (^ is the beginning, $ is the end), and allows for optional whitespace \s* between the beginning and end of the line.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X