Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature request: Tools/Options: more confirmation options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Tools/Options: more confirmation options...

In the "Options/Folder View/Confirmations" dialog it would be nice with an option where all overwrites must be confirmed, i.e. "Confirm overwrite ALWAYS" (this would imply several of the other options should be greyed out as they are implicitly chosen, e.g "Confirm overwriting newer files")

Somewhere in the Options dialog it could also be nice if you could enable a pop-up warning if you have unchecked "Use recycle bin if possible". I normally have this unchecked - but sometimes I would have wished I hadn't - but too late

I still hope you will consider this - just lost a file I accidentally deleted without the waste bin option (I know -it's my own fault - but still )

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

For the confirmation suggestion, if you don't want to change files, have you considered checking "disable editing" in the session settings for one or both folders?
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by cstern View Post
        In the "Options/Folder View/Confirmations" dialog it would be nice with an option where all overwrites must be confirmed,
        Well, I must support this request from today on. I copied some files from my windows machine via SFTP to a linux machine. BC3 silently overwrote some files which existed there already.
        OK, they had an older file-date, but I forgot to backup them before in this particular case .

Please consider adding an ALWAYS confirm overwrite option!!!

Bye
        Christoph

Comment

Christoph,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add this to our wish list.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X