X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No progress bar comparing 5001 files

Right click - select left folder for compare
    Right click - compare to "left folder"

Compare contents is disabled - shortly the view appears with 5000 files because the timestamp is different.

Click Select All Files, Compare Contents, Rules-based comparison, Start. The start button remains depressed until the compare is complete. No progress bar ever appeared. The compare takes 52.47 seconds to complete.

Click Show All to reveal all the files once again. Click Select All Files, Compare Contents, Rules-based comparison, Start. Progress bar appears. The compare completes in 3.86 seconds.

The difference in time above is not due to cache either, I ran each test repeatedly to make sure I had the steps right.

Ok, I've found a clue. If the View is Show All, a progress bar will always appear. My default view is apparently Diffs No Orphans.

So to enable really fast compares -and get a progress bar - when selecting many files, make sure the current view is Show All.

Ron,

Are you using the official release (3.0.0.8507)? This sounds like a bug that was in build 463.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

I was afraid you'd say that. I'm still trying to find an opportunity to reboot

Comment

Same in the official release. Again, the key is starting off in the Diffs No Orphans view.

Comment

Gotcha. I can repeat this inhouse. I'll look into it as soon as I have time.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

This was fixed in yesterday's release. It should take about the same amount of time now, whether it's filtering or not.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X