Option for view only folders existing in two directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option for view only folders existing in two directories

I seek in forum but dont find that I need.

I need see only folders that exist in both directories. Folders that exist only one directory I need not show.

I thing that have a options to select folders with select files.
    You understood ?

Exist :
    Dir1 Dir1
    File1 File1
    File2
    File3
    Dir2
    File1
    Dir3
    File1
    Dir4
    File1

I need :
    Dir1 Dir1
    File1 File1
    File2
    File3

If you right-click on the BC3 toolbar and select "Toggles", you can disable Orphans (buttons with square blue dots) and you will only see the common files and folders.

You might also be interested in the discussions in this thread and this thread.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

don't work !!

MIchael
      I was usingb build 8507.
      I read your discuttion in http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=3341 and is a same problem with me.
      I like your idea of "Show command folders only".

If I set left Orphans to no, exclude folders... BUT EXCLUDE File of not orphans folder too.
      I need exclude only orphans folders, no files in no orfphans folder.
      I have two directories , one with 500 folders, and anoter with 10 folders (sub pack of first folder) in two diferent computers.
      I need compare only common folders, but its is very dificult if I see orphans folder.

But, if I understood, BC3 not will be implementation this "feature", but I hope that I am in error.
      Best regards

Comment

• Turn Orphans off (Hide Orphans)
        • Press the "Expand All" button on the toolbar
        • Turn Orphans back on (Show Orphans)
        • Select the "Only Compare Files" on the folder view drop-down

Does that help?
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Hide orphans folder

Don't function

When I "click" to not show igual files, all noorphans file appears again

And, its dificult remember this sequencia in future... One button "Show Orphans folder only" is better, no ?

Comment

Yes, I most certainly agree that a folder view option to only display common folders (or hide orphan folders) would work best... that is why I suggested it to the Scooter team. Unfortunately, the best you can do until they implement such an enhancement is to keep the orphan folders collapsed so that you don't see the files that are in them.

You can Select All files from the Edit menu (or using Shift+Ctrl+A) to select only the common files without the orphan folders. This way, all file operations that you do will exlcude the hidden files in the collapsed orphan folders.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Hide orphans folder

ok Michael

I will wait for an enhancement, if this occurs...
              This wil be one of reasons (another is correct in BC3) for migrate to BC3, if not I will continue using a BC2 because I always live with this.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
              X