• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugesttion for extension of folder align

I would like to align files in the following way:

left=x.zip/
    right=./

as it is quite common to have a zip that is a zip of what is supposed in the same directory as the zip instead of what is supposed to be in a directory with the same name as the zip

You can select the zip file, and choose 'Set as Base Folder'
    Does this do what you're looking for?

Comment

For alining ZIP-files to folders with the same name set left to "*.zip" end right to "*" (no regular expression).

BC3 first looks for any ZIP on the left if there is a file or folder on the right without the extension and aligns both.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by hartungr View Post
        You can select the zip file, and choose 'Set as Base Folder'
        Does this do what you're looking for?
        Not really it work fine if you have only one zip file but when you have more zip files inside another zip file you have to go set as base folder several time and the overview get some what disturbed by having several tabs one for each zib file

Comment

How does Lutz's suggestion work for you? That should align them similarly to your example.

You can also navigate into a zip's lowest folder if it is treated as a folder, rather than setting each level of it as a Base Folder.
          Session Settings->Handling: Treat Archives as Folders once opened (double clicked) or Always as folders.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
            For alining ZIP-files to folders with the same name set left to "*.zip" end right to "*" (no regular expression).

BC3 first looks for any ZIP on the left if there is a file or folder on the right without the extension and aligns both.

Greetings Lutz
            I under stand that but it is not really what i need

my files are like attached screen dump (more nested zips though):

Comment

Interesting request... and a challenging one to implement, I think. An option to ignore the root folder level in a zip file might actually do the trick, though.
              BC v4.0.7 build 19761
              ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
                Interesting request... and a challenging one to implement, I think. An option to ignore the root folder level in a zip file might actually do the trick, though.
                I guess option for ignore the root folder may be sufficient for most cases.

However I also see a possibility to do a more generic approach
                by allowing conversion as for files but by treating each folders side as an xml document and running an xslt script on it
                e.g.
                <root path="c:\temp">
                <!-- ... ::= one attribute for each column in folder view -->
                <file name="a.txt" time="2008/08/15" .../>
                <file name="b.txt" ... />
                <dir name="x" ... />
                <file name="x.txt" ... />
                </dir>
                <archive name="y.zip" ... >
                <file name="y.txt" ... />
                </archive>
                </root>