Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some bugs and requests

Hi,

actually i am struggling on strange behaviour.
    • At some point BC starts refusing to rename
    • Creating a Snapshot doesn't work

I had a folder named '__Felix' which i wanted to rename. It has been located in root level. But all the new names i tried resulted in a 'Failed to rename new name too long'. After a restart it worked ...

Creating a Snapshot results in a file I can not open. BC states: 'Unable to open test.bcss: Stream read error'. I wondered if my folder structure was the cause (as i use _{}[]öäüß in the names) but also a snapshot of a folder where only a single other folder is included, doesn't work. On the other hand I have a Snapshot made by BC3-beta which I can open ...

I am using the build 8855 on Vista with NTFS partitions.

Another point which has been discussed earlier is the rename popup.
    • If I use RegEx to rename a bunch of files (i.e. to put the number from the end to the beginning), i can not use this feature if i have only one file in another folder. Here i have to copy and paste manually
      Funny point about it is that i get the popup when I try to rename an item selected on both sides - but I only can type in a 'New mask'.
    • I can't use RegEx to append some text to the names by replacing just the $ or ^. In this case I always have to replace '(.)$' by '$1<appended>' otherwise I would get a 'SubString index out of bounds (-1)'
    • If I try to delete a part of the name by setting an empty 'New Mask', the Start button will be disabled.

I like that I can 'Copy filename' on a selection. What about a feature to paste these names to a selection.
    Thinking one step further there would be a dialog where I can
    1. Paste or type in a list of names.
    2. Define a creation of names. Having the threads in mind where some wanted to rename identical named files by appending numbers or folder names.

Well, that's pretty much for one post

Jogi
    Last edited by jogi; 30-Aug-2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: Added infos to the rename part
Working...
X