Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Force a comparison of files on a chosen side before comparing files from the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force a comparison of files on a chosen side before comparing files from the other?

I have a python script that I wrote for Perforce that backs-up my currently open edits, adds, and deletes from a given enlistment and shelves them in another folder. I usually do this when I want to back out my modifications so I can check in a quick fix and then I open BC3 to compare the shelved code against the current enlistment to bring my modifications back in to the main line.

The problem with this is the main source repository is HUGE. I haven't opened procmon to see what BC is doing, but I suspect it's starting from the first directory and just iterating down the tree depth first. I was hoping that BC favored a given side, but from what I can tell that isn't the case.

Is there a way to tell BC3 scan the files on the LEFT side and immediately compare those files / directories to those on the RIGHT side and after that's done then scan using the usual technique?
    Last edited by Xtraeme; 22-Sep-2008, 01:22 PM.

I don't suppose it makes a difference if you choose View->"Show no orphans"? Otherwise, it has to walk the entire directory structure to compute what the orphans are.

Comment

Nope doesn't help, tried that and a number of other variations all to no avail.

Comment

Are you able to set up File or Folder Filters?

Also, what kind of scan are you using? a Timestamp/Size comparison, or a Content Comparison (Rules, CRC, Binary)?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X