Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC3 hangs for a long time in folder compare ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 hangs for a long time in folder compare ...

BC3 hangs for a long time in folder compare -- the situation is this:
    From folder compare open two folders.
    Switch to another file management app like ztree or windows explorer.
    Delete one of the folders that BC3 has a a base folder.
    Switch back to BC3.
    When you attempt to change folders using the "Browse for folder" icon, you are met with a delay of something like two or three minutes before the folder browser appears.

I'm not seeing the behavior you describe. What type of base folder are you deleting? A local folder on the harddrive? Which OS/Windows are you using?

If there is any additional information you would like to add, you can post here, or email us at [email protected]
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Geez. I'm sorry. I didn't give you any information!

I'm using BC3 3.0.7 build 9037 on Windows XP with 2G. My system is connected on a LAN with numerous network drives, and a 160G hard drive.

I'm trying to work only on the local disk.
      I get delays usually when I try to open the disk browser to pick a directory. For example, if I try to select a folder, but change my mind and cancel, that same delay happens.

Comment

Ping? I'm still getting that delay.

It never happened with V2

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure why the delay is happening for you, I haven't been able to repeat it on my own system. It might help to log BC3's disk accesses with Process Monitor. You can use it to log all of BC's disk accesses and it might help us figure out what it is doing. You can get it from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx

When logging in process monitor, just filter on the process "bcompare.exe". You can email the log file to [email protected] and we'll investigate further.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X