Copy short cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy short cut

I may be short sighted, but I can't find a short ciut to copy the current file from one side to the other. I end up wandering through mouse menus. I know F5 can be confusing, because some software uses it for refresh while others (commanders) use it to copy, but surely we can have one key combination to quickly copy files from one folder to the other? I couldn't find it in version 2 and so I installed 3 to check before asking, but can't find it in 3 either.

In the folder view Ctrl+R and Ctrl+L copy the selection from the left/right. In the file viewers there's a "Copy file to left/right and open next difference" command. I don't think it has a shortcut out of the box, but you can assign one using the Tools->Customize Commands menu item. Do those help?
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      In the folder view Ctrl+R and Ctrl+L copy the selection from the left/right. In the file viewers there's a "Copy file to left/right and open next difference" command. I don't think it has a shortcut out of the box, but you can assign one using the Tools->Customize Commands menu item. Do those help?
      Ctrl-R is to the Right? Ctrl-L is to the Left? It's sure to go wrong, the way my brain works. I would prefer the neutral "copy the highlighted file to the other folder". The way F5 works in (Free/Norton) Commander. No such thing?

Martin

Comment

There is a "Copy to other side" command. I don't believe it has a default shortcut, but you can assign it in using the Tools->Customize Commands dialog.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

And yes, Ctrl+R is to the right and Ctrl+L is to the left. You can always reassign them to something like Ctrl+Left Arrow.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X