Two small issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two small issues

I have a couple of small issues in folder compare.
    1) In the autocompletion, it seems that it does not consider .zip files as folders, even if I checked "Archive handling" with "As folders always". Is it possible to add autocompletion of archives as folders always, even if it is marked with "As folders once opened"?
    2) Consider this test case. I have the left folder "1" and the right folder "2". Inside each of them there is a folder called "3". I right click on both "3" and I select "Open Subfolders". So, subfolders are scanned and get coloured. Now, I right click and I select "Set as Base Folders". The subfolders become neutral and I have to open subfolders again. Since I simply changed the focus, is it possible to keep information and colours about subfolders?

Thank You very much

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Hello Rodolfo,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've added both as wishlist items to our Customer Wishlist. These two in particular would be nice features, but it would be a bit before they could be scheduled.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Rodolfo & Aaron!

2) It seems that only the colors are lost. The folder sizes are preserved so I think the comparision result of the selected pair of subfolders is still available.

An additional question to Scooter Team:
      The folder sizes are preserved even if changing drives and paths for the comparision and i. e. using back/forward or opening a previously opened pair of folders in a new window. How long would this data be preserved?

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Looks like I missed this.

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
        2) It seems that only the colors are lost. The folder sizes are preserved so I think the comparision result of the selected pair of subfolders is still available.
        Nope. The details of each side's directory structure are still in memory, but the alignment and comparison results are all thrown out.

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
        The folder sizes are preserved even if changing drives and paths for the comparision and i. e. using back/forward or opening a previously opened pair of folders in a new window. How long would this data be preserved?
        Until you close the application, though if you load new paths it marks the old ones as "needs refresh", so they're updated the next time you go back to them.

Basically there's a single data structure working in the background that represents all of the visited directories, and any comparisons that you have open all use that backing structure to represent individual files. The comparison structures are separate from that. Anyway, since multiple viewers can have references to the same files/directories, there isn't a good way to get rid of them when they aren't active.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X