Back button does not preserve expanded state of folder tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back button does not preserve expanded state of folder tree

I am needing to set subfolders as the base folder. When I use the back button to return to the parent folder, the folder tree is collapsed, and I have to re-expand the folder tree before I can set the next subfolder as the base folder. This becomes quite tedious very quickly.

I realize that I can go into session settings and set the "Expand subfolders when loading session" setting...but, when using the back button, it would be nice if the folder state (collapsed or expanded) were restored to the way it was when the session was last open.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Michael,

How about using the "Compare In New View" command? This way you'll compare the subfolders, but when you close it you can go back to your previous state.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Normally that would work fine. But in this case, I was comparing the contents of one folder on the left with dozens of folders on the right. Therefore, to "Compare In New View", I would first have to use the scroll bar to scroll down and find the single folder on the left, select it, then use the scroll bar to scroll back up to find the sub-folder on the right, select it, then compare in new view. That was even more cumbersome than just setting a new base folder on the right and having to re-expand the folder tree each time.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Aargh! All that collapsing / expanding and refinding my place each time probably tripled the amount of time it took to sync all those folders with the master folder on the left.

I gave it a little more thought. An even better solution to retaining the whole expanded state of the folder tree...a more useful one now that I think about it, and esier to implement...would be to simply retain which file or folder last had focus in the previous session. When the user goes back to that session, simply expand the tree containing that file or folder and return focus to it. Now that would rock!
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I've added this to our wishlist.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X