Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Never Seems to Synchronise Correctly

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. I use Beyond Compare on my work computer (with XP) and my home computer (with Vista), using a WD passport to synchronise the contents between the two computers.

When I synchronise between XP and my passport, it correctly identifies new and changed files. However, my Vista computer continually shows that most of the subfolders in this folder have been changed. It looks like for some reason the time stamps are changing - either the dates have changed to the next date, or it's a few hours ahead of the passport files. When I do file comparisons it does tell me they are indeed identical, but I don't have the time to compare all (thousands) of files everyday, and it makes it confusing to identify real changes.

The clocks on my computers have he same times, so I'm not sure where else I could deal with a time issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Katala

my Vista computer continually shows that most of the subfolders in this folder have been changed. It looks like for some reason the time stamps are changing
    In my experience, Windows often updates the timestamps of parent folders when files inside them change. Perhaps you're seeing this behavior. I see the same thing on my XP machine between my two internal hard drives that I sync daily. So I don't think Beyond Compare causes this, and FWIW I personally don't expect BC to sync the timestamps of the folders.

Comment

Pete is correct, Beyond Compare will compare and copy the timestamps of files, but it doesn't compare or preserve folder timestamps. I don't know exactly why the Vista computer is having different behavior, it is possible Vista is updating some system or hidden files in those folders.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X