Save Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Snapshot

a) When this progress dialog is showing, there's no way to minimise the app.
    b) This progress dialog has an enabled Start button - surely in error.

PS Build 453. Shame this forum Edit excludes the subject.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 01-May-2008, 12:09 PM.

I can confirm this ... there are such simple issues like that which don't come in your sight until you use them .

@Scooter:
    When you will be working on that issue, what about a little more progress feedback by displaying the current folder while creating the snapshot?

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Thanks, Christoph.

Comment

Someone else noticed the start button, and that's already been fixed for the next release. I'll see about adding a minimize button and improving the progress reporting.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

> I'll see about adding a minimize button

Better surely to get rid of the dialog entirely, and use a modeless presentation like Copy's. It's rather odd that the UI has a mixture of modal and moded for different operations.

Comment

Save Snapshot is not like Copy and other folder compare operations. It is a global tool available from any BC window, just like Export and Import Settings.
            Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

> It is a global tool available from any BC window, just like Export and Import Settings.

Quite how that justifies it being modal in FC, I cannot see.

Comment

mouseover should show entire save path

While working on it, mouseover the Folder display edit box in the Save Snapshot dialog window should bring up a highlight showing the entire Save path for pathnames that overfill the edit display box. The Folder Compare path display edit boxes (at top of main Folder Compare window columns) behave very nicely in this respect (except that IMO the highlight should remain visible for 2-3 times longer than it currently does).
                Last edited by markf_2748; 04-May-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

IMO the highlight should remain visible for 2-3 times longer than it currently does
                  Build 462 has a new tweak: "milliseconds to wait before hiding help hint". You can change the standard 2-1/2 seconds to a longer value.
                  Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Build 462 has a new tweak: "milliseconds to wait before hiding help hint". You can change the standard 2-1/2 seconds to a longer value.
                    Nice to see it. Another BC first, maybe . When you get a chance, please slightly increase the width of the edit box. If I enter a duration of 10000 msecs or longer, it overfills the available width. I essentially want the help hint to stay open until I move my mouse off of it.

I see a stub for setting MRU lists length as well.

Thanks.

Comment

The "milliseconds to wait before hiding help hint" edit's width will be increased in the next release (build 463).
                      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by markf_2748 View Post
                        please slightly increase the width of the edit box. If I enter a duration of 10000 msecs or longer, it overfills the available width.
                        Better idea: Accept entries in decimal seconds to a resolution of 0.1 second, i.e. 0.1, 0.5, 2.5, 5.0, 15, 20, etc. I cannot think of any reason why a user needs more than 0.1 second resolution on these timing quantities. Let the callback worry about converting to milliseconds or whatever internal units are needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X