10374 Save Snapshot error repeats when drive not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10374 Save Snapshot error repeats when drive not available

On doing a Save Snapshot when the previously available target drive was not present, I got an error dialog, fine, but then six more:

Then the Save As... box filename failed to show the usual default:

> I got an error dialog, fine, but then six more

The same happens when I reload a folder compare session referring a absent drive. This is rather annoying and it seems to have arrived with an update in the last month or so.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 19-Oct-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Hello Chris,

Does it pop up when you click Browse or Start (it looks like it could be Start from the screenshot)?

Why do you think it would be 6 times? Do you have 6 inaccessible drives total in My Computer? What type of device is N:\ ?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> Does it pop up when you click Browse or Start (it looks
        > like it could be Start from the screenshot)?

Start, IIRC.

> Why do you think it would be 6 times?

Um... the code has a "retry six times" loop??

> Do you have 6 inaccessible drives total in My Computer?

No.

> What type of device is N:\ ?

There is no device N:. This BC is portable installation and I doubt there ever was an N: on the machine showing this issue. As to what N: did last this installation see, I'd have to guess: probably an external USB HD.

Comment

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce this in house, by using a Portable Install on a USB stick and snapshotting from one drive letter to another. Then logged in with a user that does not have access to either drive letter. Clicking browse did not prompt an error; it simply did not navigate to the previously remembered folder and instead when to the top of the Folder Tree.

Are you following similar steps?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> Are you following similar steps?

Yes.

Comment

We'll need some additional info in order to track down what is happening.

Does this reproduce on multiple computers if you bring the USB stick with you and plug it in somewhere else?
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> Does this reproduce on multiple computers if you bring the USB stick

(actually the medium is a USB HD, but I hope this makes no difference.)

> with you and plug it in somewhere else?

Trying on one...

Yes, and even before I get to Save SnapShot.

1 Launch BC3
                2 Double click here:

Observed:

and clicking continue produced the same error 6 to 8 times.

Note also that unlike the German "Save Snapshot" instance, this one failes to report the drive letter.

Settings mailed to support.

Comment

Hello Chrisjj,

Thanks for the settings. When I use them in a VM with no drive letters, or my own machine, I see our standard Folder Not Found dialog which prompts for Retry, Create, Cancel. We'll investigate your settings a bit more and let you know if we find something.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> I see our standard Folder Not Found dialog which prompts for Retry, Create, Cancel.

A mysterious variance...

> We'll investigate your settings a bit more and let you know if we find something.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X