Feature Request: Drag-n-Drop from beyond compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Drag-n-Drop from beyond compare

It be awfully handy to be able to drag-n-drop files from Beyond Compare..
    I'd like to be able to drag-n-drop selected files from BC3 to another application.
    I'm aware of the right-click/Explorer context menu... but a "send-to" or "open with" wont work in my case...

BC3 does the job of finding the files I need to work with... I must then select those files in Explorer..

And of course Window-explorer like copying/moving via drag-n-drop would bee handy as well..

Thanks for the suggestion. This is on our Customer Wishlist.

We also have the Copy To Folder or Move to Folder commands for copying a selection to a specific selection without the need of Windows Explorer's context menu.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. This is on our Customer Wishlist.
      Team Scooter: In the mean time, an easily implemented work-around would be to add a "Locate in Explorer" context menu item to make it easier for a user to locate a found file or folder in Windows explorer.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Michael,

Does an Open With call to:
        explorer /select,"%f"

meet your needs?

Here is a link to the original Open With kb article for more detailed instructions.
        Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Instead of Associated App, make it Open With Explorer. Allow it to work on files or folders.
        Last edited by Aaron; 05-Mar-2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: added KB info. edited again to get the link in there.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Aaron... that does accomplish what I was suggesting.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...
          X