Feature Request: PDF Compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: PDF Compare

I have two PDF files, same name, different sizes. I'd like to see why they're different. Any chance of adding side-by-side PDF views to the Quick Compare context menu options?

Hello,

If you double click on the two aligned files in the Folder Compare, they will open in the registered viewer. PDF's, by default, will open in the Text Compare, and show the text of the PDF. We cannot compare pictures within the PDF.

Files will align in the Folder Compare if they have the same name and are in the same relative folder structure from the base folders. If they are not aligned, you can select both and choose to Quick Compare, which will give the option to View differences if the files are different (opening them in a Text Compare session).

Are you seeing different behavior? Are you starting in a Folder Compare session or using another method to select your files?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting a hex comparison. I'm using the Linux version, but I do have a default PDF viewer registered.

Comment

Hello Ray,

We have the PDF file format built-in to the Windows version, but it has to be installed separately for the Linux install. It is available for download here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...kb_moreformats
        The icons on the right side indicate which OS the file format can be used for.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X