Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Aspera integration

would like to speak with someone about possible integration with aspera

aspera (http://asperasoft.com) is a UDP based transfer technology widely used in the entertainment sector

http://www.asperasoft.com/en/technology/fasp_overview_1/fasp_technology_overview_1

the ability to integrate aspera transfers would be a huge benefit to a number of people

who can I start a a dialog with about this ?

That would be me.

I've looked at the Aspera website, and the technology looks interesting, but the complete lack of pricing means it's probably much more expensive than we could justify at our price point. Judging from your email address, I'm guessing you're an Aspera customer, rather than a representative, but if you can provide more information on how you see it working, I'd be happy to look into it further. If nothing else, I am open to working on a plug-in interface that would make it easier for a third-party to provide support, though there are a number of other features that have priority right now.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      That would be me.

I've looked at the Aspera website, and the technology looks interesting, but the complete lack of pricing means it's probably much more expensive than we could justify at our price point. Judging from your email address, I'm guessing you're an Aspera customer, rather than a representative, but if you can provide more information on how you see it working, I'd be happy to look into it further. If nothing else, I am open to working on a plug-in interface that would make it easier for a third-party to provide support, though there are a number of other features that have priority right now.
      Craig

aspera has a command-line interface

what I would be interested is passing the results from your program to this command line

that would be powerful

as this forum doesn't support PMs is there an email I can reach you at

BTW: I don't work for aspera but our company is an early adopter of their technology we host a number of aspera enabled websites with largest Aspera connect user base with close to 10,000 users
      Last edited by dvsmark; 01-Aug-2010, 05:37 PM. Reason: change

Comment

Originally posted by dvsmark View Post
        Craig

aspera has a command-line interface

what I would be interested is passing the results from your program to this command line

that would be powerful

Is there someone in development I can follow up with to let you know of the opprtunity that is out there

BTW: I don't work for aspera but our company is an early adopter of their technology and the largest connect users with over 8000 users
        BTW: theire aspera connect web plug-in is FREE!
        http://www.asperasoft.com/en/product...pera_connect_8

once you have downloade the plug-in you can try it out at http://demo.asperasoft.com/

Comment

Just send any emails to [email protected] and they'll get to me. We're not a large office.

I've submitted an evaluation request with Aspera for both the console executable and their SDK, along with a description of what you're asking for. We'll see if anything comes of it.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Feature Request:Aspera Integration

Craig - I have emailed those at Aspera that can assist you with this request. let me know whether you hear back from them or not

Comment

I talked to someone there on Monday. She said their usual licensing models weren't set up for a client-only product, and that the person who handles most of the licensing was out of the office. I mentioned we were open to using the command line client too. She said she'd get back to me after talking to the licensing person, but I haven't gotten a followup yet.
              Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X