Am I slow, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I slow, or what?

I wanted to filter a large, diverse directory for a couple of file types, so I typed a filter in the toolbar filter box. It didn't find what I wanted, so I clicked the no-shades button so I could think about what I needed. Then I clicked the shades button to turn the filter back on, and it popped up the appropriate box, and I clicked 'OK' ... but the filter didn't filt.

It took a period of dissonance before I discovered that I needed to un-click the un-shades button. Is there a setting that makes clicking 'OK' on the filter pop-up automagically un-click the un-shades button?

/dps

Hello,

The "shades" button is our Suppress Filters toggle. When toggled on, it suppresses File Name Filters, Misc Filters, Display Filters, etc. While the button appears similar to the Filters button, it actually interacts with more options, so we wouldn't want to toggle it's status depending on other actions you take.

The clue we give for it's activity is that any items shown by using the button appear as a Teal color instead of using the normal color scheme. So if you see any teal items in your display, that means that it is a normally filtered out item that is being shown for some reason; often because Suppress Filters is enabled.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

The "shades" button is our Suppress Filters toggle. When toggled on, it suppresses File Name Filters, Misc Filters, Display Filters, etc. While the button appears similar to the Filters button, it actually interacts with more options, so we wouldn't want to toggle it's status depending on other actions you take.
      Hmmm ... perhaps the tool tip should have an extra word added, or make the shades a bit darker Alternatively, the filters button's dialog could have a reminder that the suppress button is on. I know, I'm making heavy weather of something others may twig to very quickly.

The clue we give for it's activity is that any items shown by using the button appear as a Teal color instead of using the normal color scheme. So if you see any teal items in your display, that means that it is a normally filtered out item that is being shown for some reason; often because Suppress Filters is enabled.
      The color is indeed the hint that led me to full discovery.

/dps

Comment

Working...
      X