No announcement yet.

FR: Suppress Refresh for Align With...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR: Suppress Refresh for Align With...

I ran into the situation today where I was having to align a large number of deeply nested folders. Due to limitation of the Align Override feature, I had to manually align each folder. Of course, when doing so, the entire folder tree collapses and a new Refresh starts. This causes me to drill back into the deeply nested folders, which eats up time (double clicking 4 - 8 folders down and scrolling the view).

I would like to have the option of holding the ALT (or similar) key when performing an Align With.. so that the folder structure does not 1) collapse and 2) start a refresh action.

Once I have ALL of my folders aligned, then I will request a Refresh.

Thanks.

I've added your request to our Customer Wishlist.

Depending on your files, you may be interested to try out our Ignore Folder Structure view option, which will ignore the folder structure and align files based only on the file name. However, this requires your files are named uniquely; any duplicate names may not align correctly.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

In this case, there are a large number of files with duplicate names but their contents are different. This option would not work for me.

Even so, this does not suppress my hard drive from going into over drive every time I Align.

Comment

Working...
      X