Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining time in comparison job

Hello,

I did a cursory search for my issue and didn't get any hits....sorry if this is redundant.

At the moment, I am performing a CRC32 compare between my workstation and a NAS array on the network. It has been running for almost two days (expected) and I can see the differences list slowly shrinking. What would really help are two things: time and files remaining in the compare job. Is there a way I can display the info....and if so, can I enable the feature while a job is running?

Thanks much,

Jeff

Hello,

If you run the CRC compare explicitly with the Compare Contents command, we will show a progress bar and estimated time remaining. We do not show status for a background comparison, however.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to enable this mid-compare. You would need to cancel the current comparison and run another. One suggestion I would make would be to cut your comparison into smaller sub-tasks. This way you can compare and deal with smaller sections of your data quicker, rather than waiting for all of your files to transfer and be compared over the network.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X