Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparing text and html files

Hi,
    When I try to compare contents of folders, I face an issue with hmtl files: on local and remote sides, the sizes of files are different. I assume it's linked with unicode/anssi or handling binary vs ASCII transfer or comparison, but it's quite annoying. When I open the window to compare content "line by line", I can see no difference.
    The pain is that I have plenty "red" icons reflecting false alarms for mismatch..
    How can I avoid that behavior ?
    Thanks a lot,
    Ricorico94

Under session settings check the Compare contents checkbox using a Rules-based comparison. If you want to leave your quick test by file size and timestamp in place, you'll also need to check the Override quick test results checkbox.

Under Tools-> Options... -> Startup you can also change the default quick compare to use a rules-based compare instead of a binary compare.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Hello,

We have a kb article discussing this here:
      Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

And we discuss some differences with local vs. FTP here:
      Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X