Scanning for duplicate folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning for duplicate folders

I was wondering if Beyond Compare could be used to scan a directory tree and identify if there are any duplicate folders in it.

By "duplicate folders" I mean any two folders that contain the same files within.

Thanks for your insights.

Hello,

Beyond Compare 3 does not support duplicate scanning at this time. BC3 is not designed as a duplicate finding software, but as a workaround you could load the folder and enable Ignore Folder Structure to view only a list of files. Any named duplicates would be sorted alphabetically next to each other, and would show their location in the Path column.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. BC3 looks so powerful, and its functions are so related to 'duplicate finding' that one could legitimately wonder if that functionality would have been included. In fact it would probably be trivial to implement it in your next release

Comment

Thanks for the input, emx. It isn't a trivial addition, but it is something we get asked for on a regular basis. I'll add your notes to the wishlist entry.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X