12204 "Nothing to sync!" refresh failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12204 "Nothing to sync!" refresh failure

Update of left side when folder changes externally can fail to remove "Nothing to sync!" message e.g.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the screenshot. Are you able to reproduce this behavior with a series of steps, or do you see it happen randomly?

Would you please test to see if you can reproduce it in the latest version of the BC3.2 beta?
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

You can install a Portable Install to your desktop if you do not want to update your normal install.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> Are you able to reproduce this behavior with a series of steps

No. The displayed file was an external addition to the folder, whilst the BC window was open but hidden. On returning the the BC window, I got the display pictured. I don't know what caused the refresh in that instance. It certainly wasn't Refresh (I didn't execute it). Perhaps BC Sync has some (undocumented) auto-refresh feature.

Comment

We have a documented Automatic Refresh session setting in the Help file under Settings Reference -> Session Settings -> Folder Sync -> Handling.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

At Settings Reference -> Session Settings I see only

Here are reference guides to session settings by type of session:
          Folder Compare
          Text Compare
          Data Compare
          Picture Compare
          Hex Compare

Comment

Update to the 3.2 beta to get the documentation of "Automatic Refresh" in Folder Sync sessions.
            Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, but I'll wait for it to reach production.

Comment

I also see the opposite failure (13046) - "Nothing to Sync" not appearing after a sync when it should do, e.g. attached.

(I am assuming

v3.2.2.13000 December 6, 2010
                - Fixed "Nothing to Sync" appearing after sync has completed.
                is in error.)

Comment

Chris,

This is behaving as designed.

If you load a session and there are no files to be synced, it will display "Nothing to sync". After you run a sync and there are no files left to sync, it will not display "Nothing to sync".
                  Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

OK, so the behaviour has changed. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X