X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying files after identifying the difference

Afternoon folks,

BC version 2.5.1 (Build 251)

Here's what I current do (And it works great.)

Compare folder structure A, to folder structure B.

Then after identifying the differences, I .........

Create folder structure C so that it looks exactly like folder structure B.
    Then, I high light and copy the files identified as "different" (BC compare folder A to folder B and color codes the difference), from folder structure B into folder structure C.

Here's my question:

Is there any way for me to, tell BC, "Ok, BC you have done a great job identifying the differences, now, please copy those difference into a third folder structure for me.

I would like to end up with a folder structure C that looks exactly like folder structure B, except that folder structure C, will only contain the differences between folder structure A and folder structure B.

I worry about missing a file when I’m manually selecting the files to copy into my manually created folder structure C after the BC compare has completed.

Make sense ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JustRay in Wisconsin

Hello JustRay (we are also in Wisconsin),

The easiest way to do this is to use the Copy To Folder command to copy to location C before you copy your files from location A to location B. This way, you can easily select the differences, and then copy to Location C. Then continue with your normal sync.

The Copy To Command can preserve the base folder structure as one of the options. It will not preserve the entire structure, but would preserve the structure as necessary to copy any of the files.

Does this help meet your needs?

Also, all BC2.x updates are free for 2.x users:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl2_en
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Aaron,

With the holiday and then needing traveling to a couple of Client sites, this is the first time I have been back in the office since posting my request for help.

Please accept my apology for the tardy response.

Does your response help meet my needs ?

You betcha.

It is just what I was looking for.

I thank you for your time and efforts.

Ray in Brookfield

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Hello JustRay (we are also in Wisconsin),

The easiest way to do this is to use the Copy To Folder command to copy to location C before you copy your files from location A to location B. This way, you can easily select the differences, and then copy to Location C. Then continue with your normal sync.
        Would selecting the differences be easiest by selecting the Show Differences toggle? I'm thinking that JustRay could then do a Ctrl-A to select all the different files on the side he wants to save at Location C, and move them in one fell swoop.

I hope I'm re-stating the obvious :-)

/dps

Comment

Working...
        X