Folder Compare Size units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Compare Size units

I would like all folder/file sizes shown in GB, failing which MB. Can BC do this? Currently it shows in one unit only when that unit is byte.

Thanks.

If you narrow the Size column, BC3 will show the larger units for more narrow columns.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks but that doesn't show all folder/file sizes in GB.

Comment

BC does not support showing all sizes in GB.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. And MB?

Comment

BC has no user options concerning how the sizes are presented.
            Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Please register my request such be added To avoid mess such as http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2559/picga.png
              Last edited by chrisjj; 03-Dec-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I agree that an option to use a common size format would be useful. I would suggest that the feature take the largest representation of a file in the current folder and replicate it across all files. If the largest file is displayed in MB, for example, display all the rest in MB. If the largest file is displayed in GB, then display all the rest in GB. In other words, making the size column smaller or larger could still cause the display to switch between bytes, KB, MB and GB, but would apply the change to all files, not just the largest ones.
                BC v4.0.7 build 19761
                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien View Post
                  I would suggest that the feature take the largest representation of a file in the current folder and replicate it across all files.
                  That would be an improvement, but can cause the representation to vary as the list is updated, and as files change, so I'd prefer a fixed choice.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello,

Added both of your notes to the wishlist. For now, your best bet is to set the default width to show the unit of information you wish to see. This is also savable per session, so you can set individual settings with specific columns and widths.
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> Added both of your notes to the wishlist.

Thanks.

> For now, your best bet is to set the default width to show
                      > the unit of information you wish to see.

I thought it was clear: that doesn't work. There is no width that shows just MB or GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                        Hello,

Added both of your notes to the wishlist. For now, your best bet is to set the default width to show the unit of information you wish to see. This is also savable per session, so you can set individual settings with specific columns and widths.
                        That only sort-of helps. e.g. can go really wide to get raw values, but narrowing doesn't give a consistent results for different files. We just need the ability to choose GB, TB, anything.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. This hasn't been something we've been able to tackle, but is still on our radar.
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                          X