• Show
Clear All

• 14431 SHIFT+left/right behaviour

On

pressing SHIFT+left gives

rather than

as expected, esp. given Help:

To select all items on one side:

Pick Select All (or Select All Files ) from the Edit menu. Hold down the Shift key and press the left arrow key to limit the selection to the left side.

Shift plus arrows moves the selection from side to side. So, for example, if you start with the cursor on the left, go to the right, it will select both the left and right of the same row, then again to select only the right. It is not a toggle for enabling or disabling only one side or the other.

In your screenshot example, the selection on the right exists on specific rows, and those rows then get selected when moving left, as do any previously selected rows.

Did you manually de-select those rows by Ctrl+Clicking? If you are trying to exclude them from the comparison or operation, you can select and Exclude them. Or you can move the selection to one side first, then perform the de-selection manually.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Help says: Hold down the Shift key and press the left arrow key to limit the selection to the left side.

Aaron says: Shift plus arrows moves the selection from side to side.

I'll wait for the documentation to be completed on this.

> Did you manually de-select those rows by Ctrl+Clicking?

Yes.

> If you are trying to exclude them from the comparison or
      > operation, you can select and Exclude them.

When I'm trying to exclude them from an operation such as Delete, I need only deselect them.

Comment

If the operation is only going to affect one side, you can position the selection first, then ctrl click. Or you can leave the selection on both sides, but carefully use the Delete Dialog's side selection checkboxes to only delete one side.

I would recommend the former option.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X