Extremely Long FTP Profile List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Long FTP Profile List

Why does every account need an FTP profile if they are just using the default settings? As I use Beyond Compare to compare local and remote websites via FTP, now that I have over 100 accounts set up my FTP profile list is just as long. 99% of the time all my accounts use the default profile, but occasionally I'll have to override a setting such as active vs. passive mode, and to do that I have to scroll way down the list to find the edit button.

Obviously this is not tremendously important as it is not really a bug, just an annoyance. I just don't see the point of every FTP account needing it's own profile, unless some setting overrides the default.

My $0.02

The profile is where we store persistent passwords, so effectively every one of your accounts does override the default. I agree that the interface could be improved, but that's the reasoning behind it.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just keep it on your "wish list" for me please

Comment

FYI, if you change your default profile, your other profiles should automatically get the changes for any setttings that "Use default".
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X