Major Bug: Mixed Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Bug: Mixed Files

Something I've seen on a fairly regular basis is, when I'm uploading many (over 20) files to an FTP site, sometimes, Beyond Compare 3.0 will swap the name and content of two files. Mostly this seems to occur when the files have the same name except one adds an additional extension (e.g. myfile.ascx and myfile.ascx.vb). It will right the contents of the ascx file into the ascx.vb file and vice versa. This completely breaks the site. This never occurred with Beyond Compare 2.

I see this happen many times when I upgrade a DotNetNuke site where I'm uploading around 1600 files. Every time I've done this I find over 10 pairs of files to which this swap happened.

We haven't had any other reports of this. Do you know what FTP server software is running on the site? Assuming it's reasonably repeatable, can you email a copy of BC's log showing from log-in through the erroring transfers? Do you have more than one simultaneous connection? How fast is your connection to the site?
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

>Do you know what FTP server software is running on the site?
      The server is IIS 6. I believe it is just using IIS for FTP

>Assuming it's reasonably repeatable, can you email a copy of BC's log showing from log-in through the erroring transfers?
      I will try to get this to you.

>Do you have more than one simultaneous connection?
      It definitely happens when I have simultaneous turned on. I need to test again to see if it's happening otherwise.

>How fast is your connection to the site?
      It's DSL Elite (Downstream Speed: Up to 6.0 Mbps
      Upstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps)

Comment

Working...
      X