Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takabanana
    replied
    I *just* realized that the bottom half of Settings->Comparison says "Requires Opening Files" - is there ANY way I can get BC to automatically do a binary compare (that's how my Compare Contents is set to) for all the files in a folder view? It's a huge pain to have to open up one file at a time just to see if the files are different.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    By default Beyond Compare will compare files in the Folder Compare using timestamp and size. When you double click on files to view them, it compares their text contents and shows the text content comparison result in the Folder Compare.

From your description, it sounds like your files have a timestamp and/or size difference, but their text contents are the same. To make BC compare text contents in the Folder Compare without viewing each file in the Text Compare, select Session > Session Settings. Go to the Comparison tab. Check "Compare Contents" and select "Rules-based comparison".

Leave a comment:

• takabanana
    started a topic Same files showing as different?

Same files showing as different?

I've been trying to set up a diff between an FTP site's folder/files versus a local copy. Every time I start it up, it shows all the files as different, but once I double-click on the files, they show as equal.
    How do I prevent this from happening? It also seems like it doesn't even do the actual diff until the files are double-clicked within BC. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Working...
X