Updating an MVS PDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating an MVS PDS

Some of my co-workers have started using BC3 and are not able to make changes to modules on MVS like they could with BC2. I've only used BC3 for compares, not updates, so I haven't encountered the problem.

When updating a program from an MVS PDS, the module gets created in a new folder instead of updating the module within the PDS. So, if I have a module called abc.def.ghi(xyz), the updated module will be created in a new file called abc.def.ghi.xyz.

Note that this incorrect name is also what is displayed in the folder name field in BC3.

If you put a "CWD (mvs location)" into the custom login commands, does this help?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No. Same result.

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Mark,

We are currently working on this area of the application. For now, I recommend installing BC2 (which can be installed simultaneous with BC3, by default in a separate directory) while we troubleshoot this further.
          Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

If you have any other questions, you can post them here, or email us at [email protected]
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron. May I ask how things are coming and/or do you have an ETA?

Comment

Hello Mark,

We are still working on this particular issue. We do not have a set ETA but it is on our list of issues. You are on our email list if we have another build to test.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

It looks like Build 3.1.2 has fixed this issue when comparing a module with Folder Compare. I get an Error Opening File with File Compare, but Folder Compare is probably used much more often. Thank you for fixing this.

Comment

If you would like, you can email more specific information about an opening file error and screenshots to [email protected] (and please include a link to this forum post).

Thanks.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Aaron, my apologies. It was a setup issue. Put the PDS name in single quotes, a slash, and then the member name in upper case and the comparison pulls up fine. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X