Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recursive listings + command line ftp support?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recursive listings + command line ftp support?

    I did not have this problem with BC2....when I open 2 folders over FTP I am getting a recursive listing of all the directories inside (even though I have the settings not to do recursive listings). This causes it to take forever....below is a tiny snippet from when I first connect.

    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Username: <domain>\<username>
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Stat> Connected.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 220 <site address> FTP server (Version 4.2 Fri Feb 3 22:13:23 CST 2006) ready.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> USER <username>
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 331 Password required for <username>.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> PASS ********
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 230-Last unsuccessful login: Thu Feb 14 11:07:30 2008 on ftp from symob366
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 230-Last login: Fri Apr 25 17:19:32 2008 on ftp from <my ip address>
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 230-[files]: Your password will expire: Tue Apr 29 17:50:42 2008
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 230 User <username>logged in.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> FEAT
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 500 'FEAT': command not understood.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> TYPE I
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 200 Type set to I.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> SYST
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: BSD-44
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> PWD
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 257 "/home/<username>" is current directory.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> CWD /SYM/TEST/<username>
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 250 CWD command successful.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> TYPE A
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 200 Type set to A; form set to N.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> PORT 192,168,46,123,12,109
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 200 PORT command successful.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> LIST
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 150 Opening data connection for /bin/ls.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 226 Transfer complete.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Load comparison: ftp://<user>@<domain>//SYM/TEST/<user><-> ftp://<user>@<domain>//SYM/TEST/<user>
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> CWD /SYM/TEST/<user>/000
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Recv> 250 CWD command successful.
    4/25/2008 5:24:23 PM Sent> PORT 192,168,46,123,12,111
    4/25/2008 5:24:24 PM Recv> 200 PORT command successful.
    4/25/2008 5:24:24 PM Sent> LIST
    4/25/2008 5:24:24 PM Recv> 150 Opening data connection for /bin/ls.

    ---------------------------------------

    My second question is how can I compare two files through FTP with the command line?
    With BC2, I used to run it like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" ftp://<user>@<domain>//SYM/TEST/<username>/000/def382974sk/symcopy ftp://<user>@<domain>//SYM/TEST/<username>/000/def382974sk/modcopy

    The same does not work for BC3.

    THanks!
    Scott

  • #2
    I'm not sure why BC3 is listing subdirectory contents. Please send us a copy of your BC3 settings (using Help > Support and the Export button) and we'll look into it. Also, if you know what operating system and ftp server software is running on the system you're connecting to, please include that in the email as well. Please send the message to [email protected].

    Loading ftp paths from the command line should work. The way BC3 defines paths to subfolders might be a little different, so try navigating to the files using the folder viewer first to verify the paths.
    Chris K Scooter Software

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I'm not sure why BC3 is listing subdirectory contents. Please send us a copy of your BC3 settings (using Help > Support and the Export button) and we'll look into it. Also, if you know what operating system and ftp server software is running on the system you're connecting to, please include that in the email as well. Please send the message to [email protected].
      Done

      Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Loading ftp paths from the command line should work. The way BC3 defines paths to subfolders might be a little different, so try navigating to the files using the folder viewer first to verify the paths.
      If I try to compare two files using ftp paths it works correctly. However, what if I want to do a folder compare? BC3 opens up in "text compare" mode and will not open anything. Is there a way around this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by skaforey View Post
        If I try to compare two files using ftp paths it works correctly. However, what if I want to do a folder compare? BC3 opens up in "text compare" mode and will not open anything. Is there a way around this?
        Not currently. Enough changed that it was more difficult to support this in BC3 so we left it out until we heard whether someone was using it. We'll add it to the buglist.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the reply...I really hope this makes the final release, since our company uses this feature alot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Scott and I figured out a solution by email for the scan of subdirectories.

            In his case, he needed to turn off "Automatically scan subfolders in the background" in the Handling column of his session settings.
            Chris K Scooter Software

            Comment


            • #7
              Passing FTP URLs on the command line will work in the next release.
              Zoë P Scooter Software

              Comment

              Working...
              X