B.C. 3.1.4 and a hardware error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. 3.1.4 and a hardware error

Using B.C. 3.1.4 in "Flatten" mode, I started downloading two big files (roughly 500 MB each) from a ftp site to my external hd (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/softwa...8.10-0-x64.zip and ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/softwa...8.10-0-x86.zip).
    During this download, there were some problems and I got a Windows error. I do not know what happened, maybe I disconnected the usb cable or whatever.
    Anyway, B.C. did not give any error, it went on downloading files.
    At the end, it said that it had copied the two files successfully.
    But, instead, the files are not ok. On the hard disk I see the files as 100 MB big. It seems to me that it is the size that they had reached when the problem issued, I believe.
    So, I would like to know if it is possible to improve B.C. so that if there is such an error it stops downloading, or if it keeps downloading then I can find the files complete.

Thank You very much

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Hi Rodolfo,

BC's download support is reasonably fault tolerant. If you need it improved please attach or email us a log showing the transfer failures.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank You for the very fast answer! The problem is that I could not see any error in B.C. log, but it is possible that I did not see it. Anyway, I just updated to 3.1.5. I hope that I will not have a hardware error again, but in case I will try to keep the log.

Thank You again

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...
      X