Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Also, double clicking on a file in the Folder Compare will open its respective viewer and allow you to view the file. So if you load up your FTP in the Folder Compare, then double click on your files, it will open them in the Text Compare (if they are text files).

Leave a comment:

• Zoë
    replied
    You can launch FTP file comparisons from the folder comparisons, there just isn't a "Open from FTP" menu item in the file viewer yet. If you have the FTP URL for a file you can enter it in the file viewer to open the file directly though.

Leave a comment:

• azsl1326
    replied
    Ok, thanks. So you are unable to use Text Compare at this time for FTP, only Folder Compare.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    If you are in the Folder Compare, you can click the Browse button, then flip to the FTP tab, and use the Profile button to pick your saved FTP Profile.

If you are in the Text Comapre, click the little arrow next to the Browse button, and select to Load from FTP Site, then use the Profile button to pick your FTP Profile.
    UPDATE: This is actually in testing for 3.1.8. In the current version, you will need to use the Folder Compare.

Let us know if you still have any questions.
    Last edited by Aaron; 28-Oct-2009, 02:03 PM. Reason: Text Compare in testing for 3.1.8

Leave a comment:

• azsl1326
    started a topic FTP Help

FTP Help

I do not see any options for using the FTP functionality outside of the FTP Profiles. How do I go about accessing my server. I am wanting to compare a text file on the server with one on my local machine.

Thanks for any and all replies.
Working...
X