FTP Connect to z/OS works but no files listed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Connect to z/OS works but no files listed

I've been using BC3 to connect to my z/OS system for months. This week something has gone wrong. I can connect successfully, but no files are listed at the host site. I know they are there; I can telnet in or use the Windows FTP command and see them, but they are not listed in BC.

Can anyone suggest what I might have changed in my configuration that would cause this behavior? (It's not the file filter. :-)

There's some chance the host system programmer might have adjusted the configuration. Does anyone know what might have gone wrong at the host end?

Thanks a lot.

David Liebtag

Hi David,

To quickly eliminate filters as a possibility, try turning on "View > Suppress Filters".

If it isn't a filter issue, it might help to change your FTP settings. Select "Tools > FTP Profiles" and select the profile for your server. Go to the Listings tab. Checking or unchecking "Force long format" might help.

If changing the listing settings doesn't help, please send us a debug log of the problem FTP connection. Use the keyboard shortcut Control+Shift+T to open the tweaks dialog. In the Folder Views tab, check "Include debug messages in log", then click OK. After you connect to the problem FTP server, click the save button on the green log pane. Please send the log to [email protected] and we'll look into the problem.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Turning on Force long format fixed it. Thanks!

Do you have any idea what might have changed that required this change?

David Liebtag

Comment

And I have to say,,, I love Beyond Compare and now I love your support!

Thank you!

David

Comment

Hi David,

Unless you upgraded versions of BC3, it might be a configuration change or update on the server, but it's difficult to know.

If you upgraded versions of BC3, it's possible something in the way we handle FTP changed. If you upgraded versions and remember what your previous version was, you can consult the change log to see if we've made any FTP changes: http://www.scootersoftware.com/ChangeLog.txt
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I did not upgrade BC, but I know that the system programmers did some work on the z/OS server. They claim nothing they did should have effected FTP, but it sure seems like it did to me.

Oh well. Forcing long format solved the problem. That's what I really needed.

Thanks.

David

Comment

Working...
            X