FTP opening session and going one folder above the desired folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP opening session and going one folder above the desired folder

I am running latest version of BC3 (not beta), and I have reproduced the same issue with BC2.

I have a project named "mpi" already established with a local folder on one side "c:\projects\mpi" and the other side is an FTP site, pointing to the remote folder "d:\projects\mpi" over there. This works fine.

As I am setting up a new project named "mpc", I modified the "mpi" session, changed the "mpi" folder names to "mpc" and saved the session as... "mpc"

When I open the "mpc" session, it keeps erroneously showing the parent "mpc" folder on the right (FTP) side, making it impossible for me to compare the folders at the proper level.

All my other BC3 projects work fine (same directory structure and FTP server), it's just this new project that's acting weird...
    Last edited by paule123; 20-Jul-2010, 01:38 PM.

Hello,

If you try to navigate to the child directory, does your user have permission? If you try to access that directory with another client, do you run into the same issues?

Are you sure there isn't a minor typo in the Tools menu -> FTP Profiles dialog? Or that the session is using the right profile (double check by loading it from the Browse button, use the FTP tab, and the Load button to pick a FTP Profile to load from the list).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Another data point - I have BC3 on the other machine, and when I open an identically configured "mpc" session to try going the other way, (the MPC folder is local disk now instead of FTP), BC3 still does the folder jump on the local drive when the session opens.

There's no permissions issue as far as I can tell.

The FTP profile is the same FTP profile that all the other working BC3 sessions use.

Comment

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. There was a duplicate folder with the same name under the parent folder.

Comment

Not at all. The duplicate or archive folder within a folder is always a bit tricky to see. One hint that may help is that we display the current base folder in the folder path in a darker font, and if you expand any subfolders and select contents, we will display the full path to the selection in a lighter color font. This way, you can see which folder you are loaded in, and the duplicate name appearing in the folder path.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X