B.C.3 does not show links in ftp.videolan.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C.3 does not show links in ftp.videolan.org

In ftp.videolan.org/pub, there are many links. For example, vlc points to ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/, and so on. Instead, B.C.3 shows them as if they were normal directories. It is not a big issue, but I would like better to see links as links. The same small issue happens in other ftp clients, such as cuteftp or filezilla. The only case in which I see links as such is windows explorer. When I connect to it wth command line ftp client, the message that I see is the following, if it can help.

Thank You very much

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Connected to ganesh.videolan.org.
    220 ProFTPD 1.3.3a Server (VideoLAN) [88.191.250.2]

Create an FTP profile for the site and on the "Listing" tab and turn off "Use MSLD command". MLSD has higher-precision timestamps than most LIST results, but doesn't have any way to include symlinks as symlinks.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

I did as You say, but now when I connect to that site I do not see links anymore. I still see the main /pub/videolan/ directory, so I can still download files. As I said, it is only a small issue. Even with MSLD I can see links on ftp.wireshark.org (as I can with CuteFTP or with FileZilla or windows explorer). Are they different links? On videolan You say they are symlinks, on wireshark do You know what they are? I am interested on these concepts, so if You can give me a keyword I will google for information.

Thank You very much again!

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

You need to turn on "Follow Symbolic Links" in the Session Settings directory, on the "Handling" tab.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Great! It works!

Thank You very much again!

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...
          X